[crossfire] Buildable Land Plots

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 18:42:55 CDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Todd Mitchell <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca

     > wrote:
>

      >An easier method than blueprints, that is being suggested, is to have

      >a building shop sell the occassional 'house in a box' which would be a

      >container with 36 walls (the plots would be 11x11 with the outside row

      >not directly buildable, to allow space for entrance and exit) a door,

      >and a bed to reality.

      What is the difference here? - a 'house in a box' would be a blueprint

      too, no?  The point being made is that the store would sell a 'token'

      representing a building template the player would like to be built on

      site - the templates tells the apply invocation which maps to create and

      link to the exit it creates. You could call it a 'house kit' a

      'blueprint' or even a 'doggydoo' if you like - you would need an arch to

      implement it in any case.

what I am suggesting would give constructors to do this yourself, not
do it for you, this would also mean that later on (say if you wanted
to add an extra room) you could use a destructor and some more
constructors to build the new parts of the map.

A house in a box would only need one new arch and a new treasure list
(plus an addition to the existing build shop treasure lists....) as
oppossed to template maps which strike me as very cold and impersonal
(much like modern day suburbs)