[crossfire] Buildable Land Plots

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:03:32 CDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Alex Schultz <

     alex_sch at telus.net

     > wrote:

      if blueprints

      were encouraged as the primary method of making land plots, then too

      many would look too alike even with player modifications, which defeats

      a large part of what I think would make land plots so great, which is

      that every player's plot would be unique to them and of their own

      design. Such customizeability is something that I feel helps to make a

      great RPG. Sure you could encourage blueprints and have empty as an

      alternative, but I feel that the land plots may be somewhat dull if the

      blueprints become the primary way of making them as opposed to empty

      ones generated by the random map generator and built completely by the

      player.

exactly that, buying a pre-built house defeats the point of playing
the sim^W^W with plots in crossfire....