[crossfire] Improved collect.pl script

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Sep 28 17:44:26 CDT 2005

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

     Hello.

     I just committed a change to the archetypes collect script collect.pl.in

     that makes it easier to write and also read archetypes.

     You can now use "attacktype fire poison" instead of computing "fire +

     poison is 1028".

     You can even mix values and text (ie "attacktype 1028 death" to add

     death to existing attacktype).

     If I were to do it I would have implemented this behavior in the server
instead of in the collecting of archetypes (that way it could be used in
maps as well), but this is fine too.

     (and CrossEdit if it can read archetypes directly?)

     I'm not sure what you mean. CrossEdit reads the archetypes exactly as
the server does. It won't know the difference because it will read the
archetypes after they've been collected and therefore after the collect
script has converted the attacktype values.

Alex Schultz