[crossfire] Summon pet monster

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Sep 29 10:00:45 CDT 2005

Hello.

       The first one allow you to summon pet that are of lower

     level that the

      current pet you can summon. It is mainly a one line patch

     that use the

      same argument that create food or create weapon use.

Saw it on SF, sounds ok.

       The second one allow to use argument with the cast command

     so that you

      can use:

Isn't there already a field in player structure for spell
argument? used when spells have delays, iirc.

       Now, I plan to create Enchant Ring and Enchant Amulet

     scrolls that

      would work like Enchant Weapon, but because it demands a

     little more work

      than for the 2 previous patch, I'd like to know if those

     scrolls would

      be Ok. I'd like to also implement think like Improve

     resistance to `foo'

      for Weapons, but once again, would that be Ok?

I'd say you must take care of the overall game balance.
Rings and amulets may already be quite powerful, probably
don't want to give too much new & powerful stuff.
As for resistances, i'd say rather no. Unless well though, it
could lead to have really high resistances almost everywhere,
thus making everything too easy.

       And at least, I have a question, does there exists a way to

     force the

      client to wear a particular holy symbol whenever possible.

     Right now,

      whenever I change skill, even if I do not need any object to

     get my new

      skill, my holy symbol is unapplied, which is quite a problem

     when the

      holy symbol does a lot more than give the skill praying...

Afaik no. And yes it's quite a pain.
Maybe something to change, ie whenever you cast a spell or
something a talisman is autoapplied.

Nicolas