[crossfire] Summon pet monster

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 29 15:16:22 CDT 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 02:15 pm
Andrew Fuchs wrote:

      On 9/29/05, ERACC <

      eracclists at bellsouth.net

      > wrote:

      > Isn't this what 'invoke is meant to do? If 'cast will do it now then

      > why have 'invoke? Seems to me we should either leave 'cast as is or

      > make that change and remove 'invoke. There is no reason to have both.

      > I vote to leave 'cast as is because I have an oodle of key bindings

      > using 'invoke. :-)

      Cast readys the spell for use, while invoke imediatly uses the spell.

      Bolth have their place, but cast doesn't accept arguments like invoke does.

Ah, I get it now. Ready the spell *with* an argument so that when one
does cast it the argument is used. Ok. Yeah, that would be good.

Gene Alexander
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.6.8.1-12mdk i686
 15:15:03 up 134 days, 15:56,  8 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.17, 0.13

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers