[crossfire] Invitation for developers to a vacation. The CF party

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 1 05:06:46 CST 2006

Gabriele Dini Ciacci a écrit :

>> I write this mail to invite all cf developers to my Lake house for
>> a week end.
>>
>> Date is from friday 28 april (arrival) to sunday 30 of april (or
>> monday 1 of may, I'm very frlexible, your leaving just depends on
>> the day you find a cheap fligth)
>>
>> The week end can take various form, for example as a round table
>> talking about 2.0 release, as a way to gather photos of us all
>> togheder for the site, as a vacation to the wonderful place as
>> "Lake D'Orta" (for free), or as an occasion to just meet people you
>> talk from years.

>>Do i bring my roleplay books? :D

> We are to few players and we have by FAR many thigns to see :) (and to eat...)

Eating is compatible with roleplaying :). Do I bring my RPG *and* cooking books ? :D

>> The invitation is open to all developers of cf, or contributors or
>> people that has come in contact with me and interacted in some
>> pacific way over irc, this exclude flamers and nasty poster, cause
>> I fear they would flame in real life too, but, if they promise to
>> be nice, it can be a good occasion of redention and to become all
>> again all freinds and close some old still bleeding wound.

I promise to try to be nice. :)

>>Does someone provide the swords?

> Should have enoght cuttign material for all the salami you can eat :D

I don't think he had salami in mind...

>> My house has if I rember well 14 bed, and 3 bathrooms (italian
>> style, so they are "complete"),

It may surprize you, but most Belgian bathrooms are complete as well :).

>> the bedrooms are only 5, the other rooms are located in living rooms.
>>
>>Do you populate bedrooms before arrival with welcome gifts?
>>
>Wellcome girls only.. sorry

Well, could you send the folder in which we can choose the Welcome Girl we want ? Or are those just standard "fit-for-all" models ? :)

>> Wife and GF are admitted and well accepted (it's an occasion to
>> enjoy all togheder)
>>
>>What kind of 'enjoyement' did you plan with other CFers GF/Wife?
>
>While you are occupeied with wellcome girls I will unit test your GF/Wife

I doubt you'd want to Unit-test mine, unless you like extreme sports. Besides that, I'm not sure she'd be able to come - it will depends on her work planning, which will be only known next week.

>> Food expenses will be divided between all, do not expect more than
>> 10 euros each day per person, wine and alcholic excuded.

>>Do Belgians have to provide the real Beer?
>Presents are allways wellcome, but you will have to drink it all :D

Ok, so I'll drink my wafels myself, then :).

>> People has confirmed and has hi probablity to come
>> gros (as tchize luggage or with a normal big plane)

For the 29-30/04 WE, that's not possible for me, I have an important job meeting on the 29th (Yeah, me, working on a Saturday, how awful !). Around the 6th-7th WE would be perfect (and cheaper for the flights as well).

>>I heard the wheel seats are cheap but very cold during flight
>eeh
I've heard that as well. But I've also heard that the view is much better on the tail.

>>PS has been suggested to postpone one week the meeting, as flight are
>>way cheaper at week-end of 6-7 may. Am ok with it.

>Suggestion was from me! :)

>Sure portponing it a week make it MUCH cheaper for everyone!!
>Let's do it, so come in the week-ed AROUND 6-7, come before or after is
>no problem, stay as much as you can, at least 5 day is best so you can
>see Milano and Bergamo too (apart Lake house)

Ok for me then. Should probably be from Thursday, 4th to Tuesday, 9th (or Monday, 8th, will fix that Tomorrow).