[crossfire] Curse bug

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Dec 3 06:09:28 CST 2006

>   It's unclear how one can simply fix fix_object(), because as you
> describe, there are lots of values modified, so you basically need to know
> what those are (fix_object has to start with some baseline of what the
> initial values are supposed to be).

Agreed, not that easy to avoid, specially for resistances and such.

>   Eg, if a creature has fire_resistance 100, anything that adds fire
> resistance won't have any effect.  But if a player cast a fire resistance
> spell on the monster, when that spells ends, the monster still needs to
> have fire resistance 100 (you can't take away the resistance the spell
> would give).

Note that we may think later of "lower resistance"-type spells, which will
need to tweak values, too.

>   Do you mean artifact or archetype?  I'd think archetype would be easier -
> you could update op->arch with the new archetype (but really, you just
> chare about op->arch.clone).  You could even store away the original
> archetype is op->arch.clone->arch

I did mean archetype, indeed :)

>   I think temporary archetype is really the best way to go.

Me too. We'll have to take special care for loading/saving handling, though.

Of course, players are easy because they are always starting from their
archetype (and also we probably never load/save one) :)

If I do get enough motivation, I'll look at that issue sometime, but if
someone else fixes, that's fine by me too ;)

Nicolas