[crossfire] Item power/enchantment question

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Dec 22 00:15:48 CST 2006

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Regarding bug
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1612838&group_id=13833&atid=113833
> (Problem with item_power code), I'm wondering if there is somewhere
> documentation about what item power and enchantment are supposed to do? :)
>
> So we can fix as the documentation says it should work, or fix the
> documentation ^_-

  The armor improvement code appears to be broken.

  IIRC, the weapon improvement codes does this more properly - each time an item
is further enchanted, it just adds one to the items current item power.

  This perhaps isn't perfect (since the automatic method is sort of
exponential), but seems fair.  It could be reasonable that some forms of
enchantment are more valuable than others, and so should perhaps increase the
item power by more than one.