[crossfire] Release of 1.10 soon.

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 29 17:26:53 CST 2006

> I'd like to make a 1.10 release of crossfire sometime soon.  So if you have  bugs you're currently fixing, getting those fixes in now would be good.

Hrem, I don't think people keep fixes for ages in their local hard disks before submitting them :).

> If you are aware of any unreported bugs, please report them now.
> If you need time to fix some bugs, please also let me know.

I do. I'd like to have enough time to solve at least the following bugs before the next release:
 - #1612838 : Problem with item_power code;
 - #1539120 : Talisman of Evocation grants wrong skill;
 - #1528525 : Sometimes "bad" initial items are created.

I think it would also be nice to wait until #1522796, #1551398, #1556723 and #1605033, which are all marked as probably fixed, are verified and closed.

Given that a significant amount of bugs can be adressed in a relatively short time, and that the GTK2 client as only 5 "priority 5" bugs pending, none of which being overly difficult to solve, I think it is best to wait until those are pushed into the Pit of Oblivion before making a release. After all, there is no deadline to follow, no need to rush something out - so trading one week or two for a cleaner result would definitely be a good choice, IMHO.