[crossfire] Code cleanlieness and server stability

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Feb 28 00:29:14 CST 2006

Robin Redeker wrote:

> (btw. it would be easier for us to submit those patches directly to the
> mailing list)
>
> I hope i can find the time to submit our bug fixes to the sourceforge
> tracker, it would be much easier to just drop a mail to a mailing list
> than logging in at sf.net, finding the correct tracker, filling in the
> forms, adding the file and submitting it.

  The problem with submitting to the mailing list is that it is too easy for
things to just get lost.

  Simplest example being that every thinks someone else will take and apply the
patch, and no one ever does, and thus the patch is no longer applied.

  While the tracker may be less convenient, at least there is a definite record
- it is open until someone takes some action on it.  No way for it to really
fall through the cracks.