[crossfire] Re: Lalo's Bigworld pupland :D

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:12:49 CST 2006

On 1/7/06, Miguel Ghobangieno <mikeeusaa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The point of the poles has been established in the
> code, I think the code speaks more loudly then any
> musings that may have happened.

The code, however, is incomplete, and it says so both on the source and the
documentation.  And it's based on an incorrect assumption, that needs to be
fixed.

It would be rather considerate of you if you did not
> muck up where the poles are (45 degrees) as other maps
> (esp maps I have made) take into account where the
> weather is).

 I'm sorry, but the maps are wrong to take that into account, when the code
clearly says it's incomplete.

I for one do appreciate your effort.  But we can't keep broken code around
just because fixing it would mean you don't have to update your maps.  If
you really want to contribute, that means adding new things, but
occasionally it also means modifying your existing things to cope with
improvements to the game - that's what is called "maintaining".

Moving the Antarctic would probably make it a better map - further away from
the inhabited continent, where it makes sense, specially when ships are
introduced and you can sail the ocean.  You'd even be able to make it
bigger.  Heck, make a whole small continent, why not?

best,
                                            Lalo Martins
--
           Those who trade freedom for security