[crossfire] gcfclient options deathlist

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:55:48 CST 2006

I have been poking around gcfclient recently, and found a lot of
options that seem to be at best of limited use, and possibly never
used by anyone, so what I have done, is created a list of the options
in gcfclient's settings menus which I believe are unused, or always
set to the same value. I am going to list the option, as well as what
I think it should be set to.

If anyone wishes an option listed here kept, they can reply claiming
their use/need of it. If after 2 weeks, no one has 'claimed' an
option, then I argue that it can be assumed to be safe to remove. As
long as each change is made as a seperate CVS commit, it is still
going to be relatively easy to revert any such changes made, should
someone wish to have a setting return:

The list;

Automatically re-applies a container when you use apply to close it.
If off, when you use apply to close the container, it stays unapplied
 - set to always be on

Colored Inventory Lists - set to always on.

Colored Information Text - set to always on

Options on how to display resistances: - remove all options, set to
"Display all resistances in a single column, will use a single
scrollbar."

Print Grid Overlay (SDL only, Slow, useful for debugging/development)
- set to off

Cache Images - set to on

Split Information Window (Takes effect next run) - set to on