[crossfire] Moving server towards a modularized system?

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Mon Jan 16 23:03:02 CST 2006

Frankly, I have to agree with mikee to some degree on this point. I
generally have little trouble finding something after a combination of
getting a feel for the code, which I have gotten pretty good for a while
now, as well as skilled grepping.

However aside from some things like this, I do find modularization can
have merits, it just depends on 1) How much effort it takes to
modularize, 2) How effective the modularization API is designed (i.e.
currently the existing plugin API is vastly insufficient for server
modularization) and 3) Where we draw the line of what to modularize.
Personally, I don't think we should modularize very much, but if the API
is good enough (which I would likely be picky about myself), then it
might be worth doing for a limited number of things.

Alex Schultz