[crossfire] Moving server towards a modularized system?

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 17 12:04:20 CST 2006

Le Mardi 17 Janvier 2006 18:15, Brendan Lally a écrit :
>On 1/17/06, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>>   True.  I imagine dependencies to be fairly standard C dependencies.  But
>> I could imagine someone writing a plugin in C++ with appropriate wrappers.

Things written in other languages then C should always be considered as
optionnal. This is the case of python scripts. They are usefull but not all
platform do support them very well.
In all cases, things like writting a plugin in C++ or Fortran or ADA or
anything else should require prior discussion on ML. It's too early for a
discussion about languages in which plugins are written. I understood the
current idea is to move C code to plugin still in C (just structural
reorganisation).

Tchize (David Delbecq)
tchize at myrealbox.com
Public PGP KEY FINGERPRINT:
    F4BC EF69 54CC F2B5 4621  8DAF 1C71 8E6B 5436 C17C
Public PGP KEY location:
    http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html