[crossfire] Crossfire 2.0+ features/priorities

Miguel Ghobangieno mikeeusaa at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 18:24:34 CST 2006

One of the things we should do for 2.0 (note: we are
not yet at 1.9) is try to decrease bandwith usage. For
instance, some animations are cylical, and the server
knows which ones these are currently IIRC. The server
shouldn't have to send a update for every tile every
time for cylical animations, the client should beable
to work this feat IMHO.

Also if we can make some commands that are 4 bytes
long (north south etc) or other longish commands
shorter that might be good too. (We should keep
backwards compat here maybe thought, so if a client
says it's not 2.0+ it gets to use the old, easier to
parse, stuff).

Plots should go in at 1.9 I guess.
Crossedit could be gtkized for 2.0. or after. (I'm not
against updating crossedit, I am against removing it).

Maybe some new spells too? Circular spells ect (kinda
like a circle of protection of fireballs spining
around you etc).