[crossfire] Crossfire 2.0+ features/priorities

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:33:32 CST 2006

On 1/31/06, Anton Oussik <antonoussik at gmail.com> wrote:
> In order to achieve that I propose starting with 3 changes:
>   * DRASTICALLY reduce  the hp regeneration (something like 10-fold)
>   * Significantly increase hp of players and monsters (3-10 fold)
>   * Significantly lower resistances given by items (so a player can
> get up to 25% resistance or so with several items)

One thing that might work well there, would be to also have a
reduction in weapon speed (reduce it by a factor of 2 or so).
Currently when you attack monsters the attack messages are numerous
and spam-y, if they were slowed down a lot (to at least the point
where you could read all of them out loud as they come in). There
would be fewer attacks to calculate, the rate of damage would be less,
and there would also be fewer draw_info messages to transmit, which
seems like a win all round.

It would also make it possible to bring back the point from long ago
of attack sounds, since attacks and parries would be slow enough that
you could actually have sounds mapped to them.

> As an extension to the aboce extension a new family or party spells
> can be introduced. These will aid parties in combat by providing
> spells like party heal, and party word of recall. Possibly party
> strength, party wisdom, and so on can be introduced. They would be
> high level spells that would act on all of the party, and will belong
> to different magic schools.

IIRC party spells are already supported in principle, but nothing is
currently using them.