[crossfire] race/class lacks distinctions

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Mon Jul 3 09:41:18 CDT 2006

Wim Villerius wrote:
> Some monsters are expected to be hard to kill. Gothwolthe is one of them
> and IMO it is reasonable that only one attack type will kill him.
Note, there is a second way to kill him: banishment of gaea
(particularly from a high level heavy rod). So as it stands, the few
ways to kill Gothwolte, are melee with Beelzebub's sword, banishment of
gaea from a rod (overpowered), natural banishment of gaea (slow), a
sword of slay undead (slaying gets around resists and immunities, but
difficult to find one powerful enough), animated Beelzebub's sword or
sword with slay undead (near impossible), and those acid prayers of
gorok (near impossible). However, if the banishment of gaea rod thing is
to be fixed (which IMHO it should), it would leave dragons and fireborn
(and if the skill/classes are changed, any spellcasters too) virtually
unable to kill Gothwolte, and while this may fit the quest, it is very
very disappointing to go all the way through such a long series of
quests, only to be unable to defeat the final thing no matter how you try.
I personally don't think Gothwolte's resists should be changed, but I
believe that this an issue that players could get so far in a quest only
to find the last bit impossible for them.

Alex Schultz