[crossfire] [Crossfire-cvs] CVS commit: client

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Jul 4 14:40:40 CDT 2006

  One thing which may make sense is different default levels based on if it is a
precompiled binary vs something checked out from CVS.

  I still stand by that the precompiled binaries should be less verbose on
problems - we're putting this out there as this is quality software, so it
should act like it.  Perhaps even the official source code releases should also
be more quiet.

  However, if running from CVS, then having all sorts of error messages is fine.

  I'm not sure if there is any way of automatically doing this detection logic
in the build environment itself.  I suppose the file can be changed just prior
to release.  Maybe the best method is also an ability to pass it in via command
line/CFLAGS (-DLOGLEVEL=...)