[crossfire] [Crossfire-cvs] CVS commit: client

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Jul 6 00:42:16 CDT 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:
> Tchize wrote:
>> Maybe a ./configure --release=<version number here>
>> :)
> I really like that idea, except for one issue. People compiling from
> source releases typically wouldn't do that, so I think that what would
> be better than including that in the ./configure, would be having a
> simple script that could be run as part of the release process.

  Updating the version number requires the update of the configure.ac script
(then it builds the correct package, etc).  Likewise for the rpmspec file.

  However, doing something like ./configure --debuglevel=0 does work, because
the rpmspec, which at least is used for rpm building, does have the configure
line it uses, so modifying that to include the debug option works just fine and
dandy.

  I'll look at doing that.