[crossfire] no_pick 1 on earthwalls

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Jul 6 02:29:26 CDT 2006

  anyone know of a particular reason that earthwalls have no_pick 1 set?

  Earthwalls are 'alive 1', so can't be picked up in any case.

  Where this comes up is related to stacking and the new code - the new stacking
code tries to put objects of specific types on specific layers (so monsters will
be on top of objects, spells on top of monsters, etc).  Some maps hide things
behind earthwalls, and since no pick objects are a lower layer than pickable
objects, this results in objects no longer being hidden by the earthwall, and
instead are now on top.

  I removed the 'no_pick 1' from my test server, and at a brief check,
earthwalls behaved the same (had to whack them to destroy them).

  But before committing that change, just thought I'd ask to make sure no one is
aware of any other problems.