[crossfire] Code restructuring

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Jul 18 12:43:34 CDT 2006

Hello, here are my 2 cents of €.

I'll agree to some points made here and there :)

Such a restructuration is a good idea, and will hopefully enable to clean some
code. It should take advantage of unit tests currently being added.

IMO this should be done in current HEAD branch, having a "stable" branch per
Yann's suggestion - after all HEAD is supposed to be unstable ^_-

Yes it'll be a non-trivial task, but worth it, for a 2.0 release (which is
after all a big symbolic number!).

I'd say to put the callback in the archetype itself. But I'd enable a plugin
to override such callbacks, to change some behaviours.

Nicolas