[crossfire] Deleting DM players, wasRe: Server setup an Debian - newbie

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 14:25:35 CDT 2006

On 7/23/06, Penbrock <penbrock at penbrock.com> wrote:
> I do have one other issue now. I have one player I use just for DM. How
> ever when I log him off the server crashes every time and I have to go
> restart it. Is there an easy was to delete that one? I tried to just
> quit the player but it does not delete it.

This is how I would normaly do it on my machine:
Erase the player's name off of the dm list if it is on there (should
be somewhere in /etc/crossfire/ or /etc/games/crossfire or something
like that).  Then delete the player's directory (should be in
/var/crossfire/players/ or /var/games/crossfire/players, etc).

I have no idea why its crashing, exept possibly some library or
something that wasn't installed just like the plugins.  Also I want to
note that there are some scripts included with the source code that
automaticly restart the server after it crashes (along with dumping
it's core, and doing a traceback).

--
Andrew Fuchs