[crossfire] race/class lacks distinctions

Tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Fri Jun 30 02:21:28 CDT 2006

Hello,

This has also been discussed during the g2g night brainstormings. We
have come up with an interesting way to circuvent the general problem of
'all character are the same at high level'. We applied a similar view to
your 'different skill level' but better at the 'class' level. In
essence, uou have class skills, and you get an artificial bonus level in
the skills associated to the class. A character that has spend most of
his life as a warrior, for example, has a 1 handed weapon level of,
let's say, 100 and a class level of 80 granting him a +15 level bonus in
one handed weapons.  There are lots of other things around this, we went
even further in this system to force player to priviledge some path of
development and end up with different characters. It's quite an
interresting idea, but i don't plan to explain this to mailing list for
now, it will be detailed in the g2g meeting result document.

I am waiting for the g2g attendees to revise the draft i wrote before
publishing it. However, i hope to send to result document to the mailing
list for mid-july.