[crossfire] Unit tests, request for comments

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Thu Mar 9 17:31:58 CST 2006

This looks good to me, just a couple things. What is the logic behind
naming the directory for  the runtime resources 'rsc'? I think something
clearer should be used for that. Also, I'm not sure we need to have unit
or functional tests for crossedit, and there probably isn't much of it
anyways that one could write unit tests for as most of it to my
understanding is GUI code, and glue code to the common directory. Also
in terms of step 2 for dealing with bugs, I believe that even if it is
reported on sourceforge, it may be helpful to still include a comment at
the top of what the bug is, possibly copied from the sourceforge
tracker's summary.
I'm also wondering what sort of unit tests one could have for 'headers',
that doesn't seem very clear to me.
Another point, is some functional tests, could very well combine
multiple parts of the server code, such as 'server' and 'common', or
'socket' and 'server'. It is difficult to make a clear separation for
most functional tests.

Alex Schultz

tchize wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have wrote draft documentation on testing.  This will serve as a guide line on implementing unit testing in crossfire.
>All comment from community welcomed. Note, as nobody did come with other suggestiong i went on the use of check
>
>Regards,
>Tchize

<snip>