[crossfire] SVN?

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 20:10:26 CST 2006

And so says Nicolas Weeger on 21/03/06 05:31...

> Maybe we could think of moving Crossfire to SVN?

-1

SVN has very few advantages over CVS (well, you can move/rename files
and dirs, and... hmm... yeah), and a few disadvantages (branching and
merging is much, much more usable in CVS).  I don't really think it's
worth the time to do it and the users' and developers' time to switch;
I'm sure there are a few developers who will still have to learn it.

If you want to move to bzr, darcs, monotone, git, mercurial, or
something like that, then I'm all for it.  SVN is a mistake, though.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/
technical:                    http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/