[crossfire] Steam Protocol Proposal

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Tue May 2 18:04:00 CDT 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:

>(When the client wants the server to start sending in stream format foo,
>where foo can be something such as 'zlib', 'ssl' or 'plaintext')
>C->S: req_recv_stream foo          "May you send me data in stream
>format foo?"
>S->C: ack_send_stream foo          "Sure. Here, sending it in format foo
>now"
>S->C: <steam in format foo>

An important thing to note, I don't endorse the need for an ssl stream
mode, that was just for the sake of example. The point was more,
allowing the types of allowed data streams (mainly for compression, but
doesn't have to just be for compression) to be extended easily in the
future if needed.

Alex Schultz