[crossfire] IRC traffic for Sunday Oct 22

Christian Hujer cher at riedquat.de
Wed Nov 1 10:16:51 CST 2006

Hi all,

my 2 cents to improve crossfire.

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 15:39 Alex Schultz wrote:
> Gridarta Ideas:
(Note: in Gridarta context, daimonin means Gridarta 4 daimonin, crossfire
means Gridarta 4 crossfire, gridarta means code that's already unified and
shared)
>     -Better 'connection' (i.e. buttons and gates) interface. Perhaps
> even give
>      the server new object types for boolean logic, and give Gridarta a
>      flow-chart-like interface to that.
Already on the way. Daimonin already has a connection view for that purpose.
>     -NPC dialog editor
>         -Understand @match syntax and the subset of regexp syntax
Ay.
>     -Warn users when they are doing 'the wrong thing', as in putting
> object on
>      the map or in inventories that should never go there.
>         -Daiminion already does this. Code just need to merge this code
> and make
>          crossfire-specific rules for it.
Yep. We will move this from daimonin to gridarta once the code used by this
feature is similar enough.
>         -Perhaps warn about connected object in inventories, because that
>          doesn't work and could confuse map-makers.
Dito.
>     -"but I think more importantly, it should be possible to create a
> crappy 'my first map' in 10 minutes or less" - Cavehippo
At least for daimonin that's possible, and I'd say so it is for crossfire. If
you think it's not, please let me know what we can improve.

Overall on Gridarta: I haven't read new ideas here. This shows some things:
* I'm not communicating ideas good enough. Gotta publish more parts of my todo
list, also keep information that's already in Daimonin's Mantis in sync with
such todo lists.
* We're on the right way. I/we see the same issues as the more professional
(crossfire) gridarta users.
* There still are some basic pressing things to get done (connection ui, npc
dialog editor) before moving to more sophisticated features.
* I now know which issues are most pressing for crossfire.

I've added a todo list to the gridarta website:
http://gridarta.sourceforge.net/dev/todo

Cher :)
--
Christian Hujer
Free software developer
mailto:cher at riedquat.de
http://www.riedquat.de/
PGP Fingerprint: 03DE 4B72 4E57 A98D C79B 24A5 212E 0217 0554 CCAB