[crossfire] Protocol extension: exp table

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Nov 2 01:26:27 CST 2006

  For the client to do things like display scrollbars for exp totals (how close
to next level, etc), the client needs to know the exp table the server uses.

  The following is my proposed addition to requestinfo/replyinfo protocol
command.  I can't think of anything more to add, but figure it is still a good
idea to post it our here in case others have thoughts.

     exp_table (no parameters)
         This requests the experience table (what exp is needed for each
         level) from the server.  With this data, the client can easily
         display how much experience is needed for the different skills
         or total exp value for next level. Data format:

         <num_levels>: uint16 - max level/how many exp values follow.
         <level1> ... <level num_levels>: uint64 - amount of exp needed
         for the level.

         Note that num_levels and the actual exp values are transmitted
         as binary values.