[crossfire] Documentation / wiki

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Fri Nov 17 01:03:03 CST 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure doing a text export isn't too hard, and maybe we could
>> generate some PDF too if required. The process could even be automatized.
>>

> This could work, though one note is if we want to do a really good job
> of text export, <snip>
Just to follow up on this, I just hacked together a 150ish line (but
most is trivial little filler stuff and one-liner callback functions)
alternative 'renderer' for dokuwiki, that lets me using existing
dokuwiki parsing code generate nice looking plain text output. My
renderer is very primitive currently: It still needs text wrapping
support, auto-chapter-numbered headers, and table support, before it
will really start looking nice.  :)

We could also do html docs. For that we could just to a slightly
modified subclass of the xhtml renderer that dokuwiki uses anyways (make
sure it doesn't do things that arn't friendly to static html docs. Make
sure link paths work for it.).

Alex Schultz