[crossfire] UI changes, was Re: IRC traffic for Sunday Oct 22

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Oct 25 02:31:20 CDT 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:

> UI Ideas:
>     -hp bars on player/monster images (darkschneider)

  I've played some commercial games that does this - this is nice in some regards.

  But within crossfire, has some more issues.  I think it is sort of interesting
not knowing how close you are to killing creatures.

  First, I think on maps with lots of single tile monsters (which lots of
crossfire maps have), this could create a lot of clutter.

  I'd presume that an bars must be a total percentage and not absolute value.
If absolute value, the problem is that the high value is 5000+ HP.  So at low
levels, you wouldn't see anything in the bar, as monster HP are less than 50.

  But if a percentage, the problem is that for tougher monsters, the bar could
appear not to change much, given they have so many hp