[crossfire] Client-side scripting

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sat Oct 28 13:13:45 CDT 2006

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to enhance client-side scripting with a LUA engine, and before
> potentially applying my changes I'd like to discuss that, and reply to
> objections.
> Note I don't plan on trashing current scripting system, just on adding
> things :)
Just a thought, I'm thinking that perhaps the LUA patch should be put in
trunk for 2.x but not in 1.x. Also, to me it would make a bit of sense
to also remove the current scripting system in 2.x in favor of that
provided that the LUA engine can be supported on all platforms and is
built-in. While the old scripting system is nice, I would say it is
somewhat unintuitive and perhaps not worth keeping in 2.x if the LUA
engine is built-in.

Alex Schultz