[crossfire] crossfire source code control systems

Christian Hujer cher at riedquat.de
Sun Sep 3 05:58:01 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I've just found out about another reason why I would prefer Subversion over
other VCS: svn:externals

Current situation:
Gridarta uses Subversion. In Gridarta, we include certain files which we
currently manually update to the latest version of crossfire resp. daimonin.

Possibility:
If crossfire (resp. daimonin) would use Subversion for its repository, we
could use svn:externals to simply point to the corresponding file of
crossfire resp. daimonin. It would then automatically be kept up-to-date.
The arch/ directory would be the part which is of most interest, e.g. for
collecting the arches or providing a jar archive containing this data.

This advantage would also apply to other eventually existing editors or tools
made for crossfire / daimonin, version controlled with svn and not held
within crossfire's / daimonin's repository.

Bye :-)
--
Christian Hujer
Free software developer
mailto:cher at riedquat.de
http://www.riedquat.de/
PGP Fingerprint: 03DE 4B72 4E57 A98D C79B 24A5 212E 0217 0554 CCAB