[crossfire] Thief player - feature requests

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Sep 10 18:22:21 CDT 2006

ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
> The details are here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1555884&group_id=13833&atid=363833
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1555887&group_id=13833&atid=363833
>
> Discussion?

  Will discuss it here instead of the tracker, since I think discussions work
better here:

  In terms of hide exp - yes, it does seem broken.  Looking at the code, it
seems there are many things that determine chance of success, yet when it comes
to give out exp, we don't look at those modifiers.  That doesn't seem right, and
is the reason hide exp doesn't go up much (in particular, if there is no
specific target to get a level from, it uses the map difficulty, but map
difficulties go up much slower than levels do).

  In terms of items of town portal, one thought I had when discussing classes
elsewhere as to have per class guilds.  Just like there is the dragon guild,
which only dragons can go in, have guilds only for thieves, mages, etc.  And in
these guilds, perhaps sell such items.

  However, for this to really work, there has to be some extension to the code,
like allowing only certain classes to use certain items.  Otherwise, a guild
that sells scrolls of town portal isn't really much different than having them
in dungeons - thief goes in, buys a bunch, give them to his non thief friends.

  Also, I'm not sure, but I think mages could currently inscribe such scrolls
for his friends.  IIRC, there isn't any mechanism for players to make wands or
rods however.

  I personally don't see any issue with giving thieves bargaining by default.
And, if we go with some discussions about some classes starting with better
versions of the skills than others, I'd think that thieves should actually get
one of the better versions of bargaining.