[crossfire] cosmologic theory of the evolution of a crossfire hero

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 04:44:14 CDT 2006

Heroes are measured in levels, which are a measure of his experience and
skill.  Levels started out in the Old Empire as a system to determine what
spells a magic-user was able to use, but were later formalised trough
tests and theories to all other skills, from jumping to literacy.  There
is also an "overall level", known by some as "heroic level"; heroes of
higher level seem to be able to withstand more damage, and control more
powerful artifacts.

According to the priest-scholars of the Occidental Schools, each hero goes
potentially trough five stages:

Chaos (up to level 23) is when the hero becomes a hero; there will be only
a few developed skills, and they deal mostly with weak monsters.  This
does mean, however, these are the heroes we see the most, as they're
constantly saving our homes for goblins or undead.

Discord (up to level 46) is typically when heroes die the most, while
trying to figure what kinds of quests and monster they can handle best,
and what are the techniques best suited to them.

Confusion (up to level 69) is a stage where the heroes start developing so
quick, they often don't see the levels going by, and sometimes don't even
know very clearly what they're doing.

Bureaucracy (up to level 92) is an extreme reaction to Confusion; the
heroes decide to put some method to their evolution, up to the point that
it gets almost boring.

Aftermath is when they overgrow Bureaucracy and start on the path to
demigodhood.  It is believed that demigods have level 115.

And blessed be the Many-Named in Her perfect work.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/
technical:                    http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/