[crossfire] CVS -> SVN conversion

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Mon Sep 11 11:26:33 CDT 2006

Tchize <tchize at ...> writes:
> Crossfire gtk client 2.1.0 (/branches/XYZW/client revision 1234)
> Branch name is important to include in bug report as well as revision
> number
This seems like a good idea to me. A couple notes though:
-I think version number should have "-dev" appended if it's from svn, only
removed for releases.
-If it's from the trunk branch, probably would be good to make the message just
like:
Crossfire gtk client 2.1.0-dev (trunk revision 1234)
as opposed to including the full branch path.
-If it's from an unofficial (not on sf.net) branch, it should make the message
like:
Crossfire gtk client 2.1.0-dev (http://foo.bar.baz/svnroot/crossfire revision
1234)
using the full path/url to the svn repository in place of "branches/XYZW/client"
-Would it be a good idea to also put support for some other version control
systems in the script to make the revision strings? I think it would be a good
idea if it isn't too difficult, because making local branches of an svn
repository can be easy with svk and bzr-svn, both of which can pull and push
with normal svn repositories.

Alex Schultz