[crossfire] Proposal: Alchemy spell changes

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sat Sep 16 21:07:39 CDT 2006

Bernd Edler wrote:
> With a max ratio of 0.4 this is still far too generous imo.
>
> 0.4 * 194 = 77.6
> --> only one town gives a better price!
>
> And one would have to lug the item back and through the shops to find
> this optimal price.
> Bargaining does not make much of a difference.
> And if one has only Cha 28 or so...
> While with gems neither charisma nor bargaining are relevant.
> And any shop will do.
>
> At least change the formula from 1% point per level to
> 1 every 3 levels. Then it would take spell level 3 to 108.
>
> Else, every mid-level caster can make more money with the
> alchemy spell than with a lengthy sales tour.
Hmm, true. I think I'll make it a max ratio of 0.35, but I will leave it
at 1% point per level, because I want the effect of leveling to be
noticeable before one starts getting very high level summoning.
(besides, by the time most characters have level 33 summoning, they are
at least level 50 overall usually, and already can get to most shops
easily.)

Alex Schultz