[crossfire] stat loss and highly specialized players

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Sep 18 23:55:04 CDT 2006

Andrew Fuchs wrote:
> As what i could skim off of  I440r__'s rant on IRC, players that are
> highly specialized (high level) in only a few skills can loose an
> unreasonable amount levels in skills that they are trying to develop
> from low levels.  His general point was that it should take longer to
> gain levels, but players should lose less when they die.
>
> Now, does the limit on experience lost from the death penalty apply to
> individual skills?  If it doesn't, does anyone see any issues related
> to l440r__'s rant?  Should the death penalty apply to individual
> skills?

  It should apply to skills as well as overall levels.  So under normal
circumstances, I think that means no more than 3 levels lost from any skill and
overall level.

  However, you could lose 3 levels from several different skills - for example,
pyromancy, one handed weapons, praying, so it could seem like you are lose 12
levels (3 skilsl * 3 + 3 for overall level)