[crossfire] Crossfire+/Crossfire2 Versioning and Metaserver

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Wed Apr 18 23:34:01 CDT 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Robin Redeker wrote:

>> Calling it most anything with crossfire in its name is confusing.
>
> I don't really understand that, who finds it confusing and why?

Well me for one.  I've been away from the Crossfire scene for a while and
am just back tonight.  This is the first I'd heard of CF+.  With a name
like that it did not immediately appear to be a fork.  I really think a
distinct name is better - and besides it lets the new fork grow in its own
direction.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net
Contributing Member of Software in the Public Interest