[crossfire] Background music

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Apr 22 16:10:51 CDT 2007

Replying to various threads in the same message :)

Ok, so what about: server merely sends item's name, client-type, and event
type?
For instance, 'goblin <monster type> death' or 'dragon <monster type> move'
or 'icestorm <spell type> move'.

Then client handles those values however it wants - play a sound, play a
random sound, don't play anything, blink the pic somewhere, ....

The type can also be used as a fallback method - no 'High Goblin' sound, play
regular monster sound.

Concerning sound files themselves, we should handle them like pics: client has
the 'standard' set, and can request from server specific sounds if needed.
Will need to check various issues (max packet size, ...)

For sounds & music's origin, my opinion: let's put sounds/music. Wherever they
come from as long as they are free.
We can always change them if we don't like them.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref
de l'aléatoire !]