[crossfire] Client proposal: redo inventory/look widgets (spinwheel)

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 5 02:24:05 CDT 2007

Mark Wedel wrote:

> Realistically, that probably isn't used very often, and even for cases
>   when it
> is, require characters at that point to specify the number is reasonable
> (I do notice that right now, the count is a spinwheel, which makes it
> annoying if you want to drop 1000 of something, as spinning up that far
> would take a while). But it could be changed to a text box.

It is most useful for dropping a certain number of objects on an altar,
or pulling one item out of a container of holding to give to someone else,
say a potion of life... or whatever.  It is also used to grab a couple of
something there is a huge pile of on the ground.

It is a spin wheel.  The most annoying thing is is goes backwards from
0 to 10000 and that kind of messes with your mind a bit, but, it is also
already a text box.  You can type in a number directly.  I do both, and
don't think it needs to change.