[crossfire] libglade...

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 10 01:01:27 CDT 2007

It's not that hard to get the client to load a .glade file with libglade...
I have it doing that, but the spew is terrible.  There are tons of Widget
not found warnings, then it blows up, but if I am running it under gdb,
I can see it is drawing the root window found in the .glade file.  If I
swap out the glade file, it is also obvious that window_root is rendered
differently according to the new .glade file.

 .
 .
 .
(crossfire-client-gtk2:1780): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

** (crossfire-client-gtk2:1780): WARNING **: Widget not found: map_notebook

[Switching to Thread 47046947261936 (LWP 1780)]
0x00000000004180dd in map_init (window_root=0x9920c0) at map.c:100
100         mapgc = gdk_gc_new(map_drawing_area->window);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000004180dd in map_init (window_root=0x9920c0) at map.c:100
#1  0x0000000000417eae in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffb7d82098) at main.c:695

I only changed code in main.c for the window_root, so perhaps it has
something to do with needing other things initializing from the .glade
file too.  I can see this will be interesting.  It's a far cry from hello world.
Well, it's late and I've been losing too much sleep the past couple of
days, so its going to have to wait.

BTW, I have no clue how to get the auto* stuff fixed to get ./configure to find
libglade and fix up the Makefiles, etc?  I edited the Makefile by hand.  Anyone
have any pointers to at least get me going in the right direction.  What files
have to be fixed by a human?

Kevin R. Bulgrien