[crossfire] Archetype properties and multi-tile buildings, etc.

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 19 22:55:31 CST 2007

Consider the following from server/doc/Developers/objects or note on 25012 at
http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev:objects?s=type#client_types_client_type

896 : 	mwedel 	3553 	25000-25999 Non-inventory items, stuff stuck to the
floor, that can be applied.
897 : 	  	  	25011 Town portal (66)
898 : 	  	  	25012 Exits, doors, buildings - much more mundane exits (66)
899 : 	  	  	Note to arch writers; only need to set the client_type on
900 : 	  	  	the head (this is the case for all other properties as
901 : 	  	  	well).

I'd like clarification on the "Note to arch writers" that appears here.

I wrote a new arch and copied an existing tower, but then read the above note
and modified the arch as follows.  It appears to work just fine:

---
Object lighthouse
name lighthouse
face lighthouse.x11
type 66
no_pick 1
magicmap grey
glow_radius 4
visibility 100
client_type 25012
end
More
Object lighthouse_2
face lighthouse.x11
y 1
end
---

Contrast though, with the tower arch (like many other multi-tile buildings)
in that all the properties are duplicated through all the tiles.

---
Object city_tower
name tower
type 66
face city-tower.x11
no_pick 1
visibility 100
magicmap grey
client_type 25012
end
More
Object city_tower_2
name tower
type 66
face city-tower.x11
no_pick 1
y 1
visibility 100
magicmap grey
end
---

Could we get some clarification.  The lighthouse has been lightly tested.
No, I didn't test with magic map, but otherwise it seems to work fine.
Are the other arches that duplicate data just bloated?

Kevin