[crossfire] Arch category... wall dressing?

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 25 00:19:46 CST 2007

After some IRC discussion, it occurred to me that Crossfire is devoid of
sewer themes that are so prevalent in dungeon type games from the family
that CF hails from.  This, alongside some discussion about a brewery got
me thinking about creating graphic overlays of pipes, manhole covers,
spouts, moss, etc. that could be used to "dress up" existing walls.

Tonight I created a "wall spout" graphic that does indeed overlay most
wall types, though probably a second drawing will be needed to make it
usable on the walls that have a fairly short front face.

The arch/wall directory already seems a bit cluttered, even sporting
non-wall items like roadways, but seems a reasonable home for such
wall dressings.

Consider this a call for ideas on a directory structure for storing
archetypes of this nature.  These aren't going to be walls, but
probably will sit on a layer just above the wall so as to
appear part of the wall.  It is doubtful they would be
used for anything except redecorating wall tiles.

Kevin