[crossfire] Changelog for maps and archetypes

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Feb 6 01:36:09 CST 2007

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> Hello.
>
> What about we create a ChangeLog file for maps and archetypes too? This way we
> could track what happens more precisely than commit messages.

  Perhaps not a bad idea.  There actually is a CHANGES file in the arch
directory, but tends not to get updated.  One problem is that often times, the
changes in those seem more trivial, so you get the question of whether there
should be a change message for them.  There is some understanding that really
minor changes in the server/client code don't require an update to the changelog
- I'd say for arch & maps, more trivial changes should be recorded, because the
number of changes that otherwise match the criteria are not very many.

> Also, I suggest we resurrect the Crossfire Traffic
> (http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/crossfire_traffic), for gameplay and
> such changes.

  That seems like a good idea.