[crossfire] Static buffer removal for query_name()

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Feb 8 17:28:57 CST 2007

Hello.

I just committed a big change, removing the static buffer from query_name(),
which now takes a buffer + size for working.

There were > 150 occurrences, so I couldn't test everything. I may have made
mistakes when replacing stuff :)
I did take care, but well.....

Another concern is that I may have used a buffer too small for certain things
(used MAX_BUF instead of HUGE_BUF like it was). Thus some strings may be
truncated, that will need some checking (but that shouldn't crash!).

And I do plan on removing move static buffers :)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref
de l'aléatoire !]