[crossfire] House sizes

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 12 12:14:56 CST 2007

>What would everyone think of:
>- deciding that eg one outside square translates to eg 20x20 squares inside.
>There may already be such a measurement, but I'm not sure it's that formal

I see little point on forcing a definite inside:outside scale.

>- doing more multisquare (4x3? 6x4?) buildings. This would mean making towns
>bigger in the bigworld, but at the same time it would make the whole scale
>more coherent i think
I do agree. The current scale of the buildings is way too tiny to get good
representations of them (I mean, a shop is no larger than four men - that's a
really tiny shop :)).

I guess that houses size should look from the outside maps in sync with the
size of the players. Houses in the 5x5->15x15 size range do not seem too big
or unrealistic to me. However, given that it would require a lot of changes
in the maps and archetypes, I guess this should be a 2.0 aim, not a 1.x one.

I also guess the weird footprint of some monsters/buildings would benefit to
be corrected at the same time (for example, hill giants occupying 1x2 spaces,
when in fact they are "tall", not "long").