[crossfire] plugin crash on metalforge.

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Feb 15 13:44:55 CST 2007

Le jeudi 15 février 2007 08:42, Mark Wedel a écrit :
>   Looking at some of the crashes on metalforge, which is latest 1.x as of a
> week ago.  Saw 2 crashes wit the same cause.  From the logfile:

Ok, that was a fun bug :)

Chain of events:
* you gain at the slot machine
* slot machine creates platinum coin
* slot machine puts coin in map
* slot machine adjusts object count and such

But the fun part is that the slot machine is an altar eating platinum coins.
So when the coins are put on the map, the altar just eats them.

There, the Python plugin just kept a pointer to removed object, so you had
weird issues later on :)
(especially with object reuse).

I fixed by correctly getting object returned by cf_map_insert_object :)

Now to fix the Python script itself, since now you don't get any money^_-

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref
de l'aléatoire !]