[crossfire] Alex, the general

K. Ahlers info at knutshome.de
Thu Jan 4 01:10:21 CST 2007

ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 01:13 am
> K. Ahlers wrote:
>
>> To explain the problem I paste an excerpt from the crossfire-IRC-channel:
>>
>> 11:00:18 < Luziferus> hrm... does anyone here know whether "Alex, the
>> general" or related general settings was changed?
>> 11:00:20 < Rednaxela> (be sure you're reporting the bugs you don't fix
>> of course ;-))
>> 11:01:49 < Luziferus> in other times i was killing him within seconds
>> and now... bashing him for 5 minutes: no effect, cursing and then
>> bashing him: no effect, cursing
>>                       and firing 4 meteor-swarms on him: no effect
>> 11:02:18 < Luziferus> it seems that someone made him untouchable
> [...]
>
> Depends on /which/ "Alex, the general" you mean. There are two maps with that
> character. One is "pup_land/kurte/eureca_road3" and the other is
> "pup_land/hq". In one of the maps he is rather weak. In the other he is +100
> physical and +100 fire. So, you would not damage him with physical and fire
> on that map. Recent changes to fix a bug with 'curse' make it where monsters
> are now more resistant to curse and to disease if they are a custom monster
> with custom resistances. Prior to this a bug in the code caused custom
> monsters to revert to the plain old original archetype and lose all their
> custom resistances. This new effect is intended but will make it necessary to
> fix some monsters and change strategy for others. In this case "Alex, the
> general" does not need fixing ... you need a new strategy. :-)

i mean the alex in "hq (/pup_land/hq) in pupland" - some time ago i
could really kill him with the axe _without_ magic in seconds (Dam+168)
but now its not possible to kill him... but its needed for another part
of that map.

Knut

--
E-Mail:   info at knutshome.de              Homepage: www.knutshome.de