[crossfire] Armour restriction / girdle

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sat Jan 20 23:40:27 CST 2007

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> Hello.
>
> A change made girdles be considered armours for the 'no armour' god
> restriction.
> This is a really heavy change, especially for dragons or fireborns, so I
> unilaterally reverted it :)
>
> If we really want to make girdles not wearable when no armour is set, i think
> there should be some compensation for some classes :)
>
> Nicolas
The change that caused this, actually fixed a bug where no_armour was
*completely* ignored when players equipped things, thus making gods
banning amour pointless. My fix made players and monsters, under all
conditions, treat no_armour and no_shield consistently. While I agree
that it's too harsh for no_armour gods to block girdles, I'm somewhat
concerned at how your change breaks consistency. IMHO the real fix to
both issues at once would be a flag to allow banning of equipping
specific object type/subtype combinations, which would be much more
flexible and allow consistency while not being unfair for no_armour gods.

Alex Schultz