[crossfire] Party Support

Juergen Kahnert crossfire at kahnert.de
Sun Jul 29 14:20:09 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 08:02:55PM +0200, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> > I don't think so.  But we should skip the idea of a "healer" class.
> > This leads into the wrong direction.
>
> This leads in the wrong direction for you, but not necessarily for
> other players :)

Offering characters for pure party gaming in a game with only a
rudimentary party support and just a few players online at the same
time is nothing you have to spent much time of thinking.  It's just
unplayable...

> In my opinion, the more roles players can choose from, the funnier.

Only if such a role is playable.  Offering classes which are unrealistic
to play are no fun at all.

> Even non combat roles, be it alchemist, smith, whatever - including
> healer.

We don't have a smith class.  And the alchemist is unplayable at the
moment; see:

http://mailman.metalforge.org/pipermail/crossfire/2007-July/011693.html

> Though we should make it so that one can play alone if she wishes so :)

How do you play a pure healer alone?  Or do you mean a paladin / priest?

> Ideally, players could play together, or single, without (many) map
> restrictions - it is ok to have some maps requiring multiplayer, but
> not all ; it is ok to have maps suitable for only one player, not all.

Yes, ideally, I fully agree.  But CF is far away from ideal conditions
for this.

So concentrate on classes which are playable at the given system and add
more classes, if those become playable, too.

    Jürgen